Red spots on head of penis causes pain.

Hi, I recently have had some pain on contact near the head of my penis, and there are small red spots as well. The pain is only on contact, and other than that it's not itchy or painful. I did have a recent sexual partner who could have had an STD, though there was no penetration involved. I do have psoriasis and it's been in that area before, so it may just be that--it does look different though, so I'm not sure. If I sent a picture, could you let me know if this may be an STD or if it's nothing to worry about?Thanks.

The symptoms you had described are probably due to a fungal infection known as Candidiasis or Thrush. A fungus called as Candida Albicans causes it. Here patients usually present with red spots on the head of the penis, irritation, pain on contact and redness. However we cannot completely rule out other possibilities such as:

a) Herpes

b) Gonorrhea

c) Chlamydia

d) Syphilis

I would suggest you to get a complete blood and urine test, patch test, screening test s like HIV, VDRL and consult the dermatologist with these reports. You can use antifungal creams like Candid A twice a day for 1-week .you can also take a few preventive measures such as:

Maintain a good personal hygiene and avoid sharing personal items such as towels. You can also avoid sex during this period and consumption of yeast products. You can also ask your partner to get a screening test. Hope this helps.