Redness, swelling, itching in ankle after spider bite.

Was bit on the ankle by a spider or something several days ago. Swelling has gone down some and the itching has mostly gone away. No fever or any abnormal side effects occurred other than redness, swelling and itching. Foot and ankle have had minor aches. Picture included is today 4 days after bite. When should I go to see a dr? What should I put on this?

Ideally an antibiotic course should have been taken right away, but since there is no fever, you can take Tab. Claritin 10 mg once daily for 3 days, and locally you can apply Mupirocin ointment 2 times daily for a week. If the redness and itching increases in intensity, you can go to the doctor. As of now, it is not required.

Is the Mupirocin ointment available over the counter here in the U.S.? Also, Claritin as in the allergy medicine? I take Allegra daily already.

No, unfortunately you will need prescription for Mupirocin.
Also, Claritin is Loratidine, better suited for such inflammatory reactions.
However, if you are taking allegra, it is fine. If it is not possible for you to get Mupirocin it is not an issue, this does not seem like anything requiring urgent medical treatment. It will get better on it's own.

Thanks very much. have a great weekend.

Thanks to you too!