Repeat colonoscopy as routine testing

I am set up for a colonoscopy this week . I had a colonscopy 12 years ago and everthing was ok. My big question is have I waited to long. No symptoms.

(It seems my first reply was not posted correctly, hence reposting. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Colonoscopy as a screening test is recommended every 10 years usually after 50 years of age. As a screening test most of the Colonoscopy tests are normal (obviously). I do not think you waited "too much".

Anyway you only waited a couple of years more for a 'screening test', not a treatment. Added the fact that you are otherwise healthy (I assume so,since you said symptom free)there is no reason for any concern of delay. You will most likely come out clean.

Please feel free to ask followup questions.