Round and hard bones on right side of bottom

Hi, I happened to feel this 2 round hard bone like feeling on the back of my butt. Its slight located to the left side and when I try feeling on my right, it doesnt have such hard round like feeling. Just wondering can it be alignment of the bone or there's some other issue? Are they supposed to be felt in that area? and why dont I feel it on the right side on my butt?

Thanks for your query at Doctor Spring. It seems like you may have some bony protrusions or osteophytes formed in that area. This could happen from poor posture, poor nutrition, or sometimes people are just born with them. There is a possibility that it could be a tumor however and you will need an x ray first to rule out serious conditions. Make a visit to your general physician for initial evaluation. If the x ray does not show any tumor growth and you are certain that it is a bony growth, then here is what I suggest:

1. If the protrusions are not bothering you, you can leave them just how they are, and wait and watch and see if anything changes.
2. If they are causing you frustration and burden, you can get them evaluated and if you wish surgically removed. Make an appointment with your local general surgeon and he/she will assist you in how to proceed further.
3. You will need a CT scan of the area first to confirm the diagnoses of bony spur formation.
If you start to experience other symptoms of pain, or tinging in the area, then you may require more immediate treatment. In the meantime, it is not cause for immediate concern. Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any follow questions if necessary. Take care.

thanks for the information! I've asked a gp of mine and he said that its normal to have asymmetry of my sacrum. Just want to know base on your experience, how likely can that it is a tumour at that area?

From what I know, I always like to lean to my left whenever i seat, does that affect that boney area on my left?

Tumor in that part of scarum is not common or not very likely. If it was directly examined by your GP then take his words and leave it alone. In case if there is pain or enlargement of the area you may have to reassess it.