Severe pain on Tramadol.

hi, i am sorry to bother you but i appreciate it if u answer me asap. my brother has long history of severe pain and taking high dosage pain killers. tonight he took more than expected (about 30 mins ago): 70 drops of tramadol. 20 drops is 50mg so he took at once 175 mg. could u plssss let me know if this is dangerous and how long after taking it the symptoms will start to show?

With Inputs from Dr.Sachin Verma ( Intensivist)

First of all if your brother is unwell or having any symptom get to ER without delay.

I assume your brother is of normal adult body weight since you have mentioned the age as 31 yrs. In that case 175 mg is not a very high dose. It is unlikely to cause any serious side effects. Tramadol is a relatively safe drug. If he has a history of seizures it is better to get medical help. Watch of for signs of breathlessness, chest pain, increased heartbeat, drowsiness.

The drug is eliminated from the body slowly. He blood should be cleared off the excess drug in 24-48 hours.

I would like to know the exact age, and body weight of the individual . ?
Is he having any symptoms currently. ?

You can reply as a followup