Sexual Headache.

Hello: I am a 54 year old woman who was in Mexico March 7-14. I arrived home late Friday and woke up this morning with a terrible headache. Although the resort was an all inclusive, I don't over indulge. My husband teases that he never gets "his money's worth" with me. I did, however, have a rather hard massage on Wednesday afternoon. I remember having to tell the professional to lighten up with his touch. I don't normally have migraines, accept after sexual relations-already diagnosed. My symptoms on Friday included being sleepy and having to urinate a lot. It was a long travel day with a flight and 4 hour drive back to my house. The pain is acute and over my right eye now, but began in the center of my forehead this morning. I am nauseated as well, and this comes and goes. I just want to know if I can try Ibuprofen or Aspirin. I have both. As a rule I do not take medications and prefer to treat myself with natural remedies. I have had chicken soup, crackers, Pedialite and chamomile tea. Thanks, Allie

Hello and thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring with your query.
I have gone through your case and understand your concern.
Your symptoms seem to be related to the long travel and exertion and is nothing to worry.

When you say urinate a lot, do you mean you have to go very frequently as compared to usual? Is your urine high colored or any pain or burning while passing urine?
If any of the above symptoms are present, I would advise that you drink adequate water, upto 8-9 glasses per day to avoid a urinary tract infection.

Regarding the headache and nausea, you are likely to be having a migraine as a result of exertion. You can take the OTC tablet Ibuprofen after eating something. That should clear your symptoms and make sure you get adequate sleep and rest.
If the nausea persists for more than a day, you can take tab Prilosec half an hour before a meal, one per day for 5 days.

I hope this has helped. Feel free to follow up.

Thank you so much Dr. Deepu S Sebastian! I am feeling a little better this morning. No pain when I urinate, nor a dark color. I will follow your instructions. I am glad you were available, as I was frightened. I have traveled to Mexico fro 8 years and have never come back with such a severe migraine.

My pleasure.
This consult will be open, so you can get back to me at any time.