Side effect of ACCUTANE regarding skin colour.

My question is regarding Accutane - I am going to start off on accutane pretty soon

Question : I have brown skin (East Indian) and I read increased sensitivity to sun as one of the side effects of accutane. Does that mean I get tanned/darker easily because I am ok with other side effects but not this as I can cover up acne but not dark skin and have few important family functions in the near future.

And how severe is this side effect as per your experience with treating indian skin - as i said other side effects are ok but this is a deal breaker

Please help me make the correct decision

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com

Accutane does cause increased sensitivity of skin to the sun, however it can be easily kept in check with the application of a sunscreen once every four hours. That will prevent tanning of the skin.

You can definitely continue with Accutane under the cover of a sunscreen.

will it specfically increase the tendency for skin to burn or the tendency for skin to tan - ?

It will increase the sensitivity of skin to burn more when exposed to Sun. Tanning also will occur.

It's known as a photo sensitive drug.