Small bump on balls skin due to INGROWN HAIR.

Dear Doc,

Since my visit to madrid, where i did a lot of walking in summer heat. I am a bit overweight and am not use to that level of walking. next day i started noticing a small bump on balls skin. Its been three weeks and i have not got rid of it. Its still there. Can you please tell me what is it? It seems like an ingrown hair but just want to confirm.

Category: Urologist

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

Dear Sir,
It looks like you have developed sebacous cysts. When the opening of the sebacous (oil producing) glands gets blocked, the sebum (oil) gets collected within the gland, and the gland enlarges forming a cyst.
These cysts are quite small and will remain the same and will not trouble you. Refrain from squeezing or scratching them and there's nothing to worry.
Let me know if you have any other queries.

Sincerely,
Dr Rajiv Goel,
MS (AIIMS), MCh (AIIMS), DNB (Uro),
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia,
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany,
Consultant Urologist.

Dear Doctor,
How shall i treat it. Its been like this for 3 weeks so is there any medicine or gel to apply so that i can reduce it or make it go away. Is there a timeline for it to go away.
Shall i need any further consultations with a urologist here or i treat it as per your advise.

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 3 Days.

Dear Sir,

The sebaceous cysts once developed, do not go away and the only treatment is to remove them surgically. You can see a Urologist or a General Surgeon for the same, if desired.

Sincerely.

Dear Doctor,

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 2 Days.

The same question has been posted in the follow up twice. Kindly check and edit your question in the dashboard. And I will get back to you with the reply.

Dr. Rajiv Goel
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
DNB - NBE
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998