Soft and mushy poop after MIRALAX.

I traveled overseas this summer as well as had a surgery. This resulted in constipation/stomach issues. My doctor tested me for bugs/parasites/worms but nothing came up. My doctor then told me to take 2 capfuls of Miralax a day for a week. After that he said back down to 1/2 capful a day for 3 weeks. So far this is my first day going back down to 1/2 capful. My poop is very soft and mushy, so I'm basically asking how long until my poop goes back to normal and my bloatedness goes away?

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

Miralax is acts by increasing the water content of stool, making it soft as well as increasing the stool volume. This way, bowel movements increase in frequency and constipation is relieved. So your soft and mushy stools are due to the Miralax.
This can continue as long as you are taking it. Once you are off Miralax, you can expect your stool to get back to normal. Meanwhile, make sure your fluid and electrolyte intake is adequate by taking good amounts of water, fruit juices etc.
Bloatedness is a side-effect of Miralax and it will go away once you stop taking it. Meanwhile, please avoid carbonated beverages and gas-forming foods. You can take an OTC Simethicone 80 mg, after every meal or as and when needed to relieve the bloating.

I hope this was helpful. Feel free to ask queries.