Sore and stiff hand

I noticed several days ago that my right hand had a bit of stiffness and soreness, fast forward to today it hurts so bad on the pinky side and back of my hand and wrist its getting so bad its woke me up in the middle of the night and I'm not sure I can even work, I work as a food prep-er as a supper market for like the meat case and i have to use little i guess ice cream scoopers where you got to press the little slider with your thumb, i noticed the pain when doing that but its not on the thumb side. any advice would be great.

I would like to know some additional information from you so that I can provide my best and learned opinion.

1. Is there any swelling of that hand ?
2. Is there any discolouration ?
3. Is there any throbbing feeling ?
4. Any shock like sensation ?
5. Are you able to feel touch / temperature on that particular hand ?

You can reply as a followup.

no its not swollen, nor visible marks of any kind, i still have full sense and control over my hand, its just a sharp pain when i move it or move my ring or pinky finger that jolts threw the botom portion of the back of my hand and a bit of my wrist i bought both a hand and wrist brace for when i sleep i dont know what else i can really do, im left handed and this is happening in my right, so i dont think it be from like constant use or any thing

This is most likely to be nerve compression (pinched nerve). It could have happened during the sleep when you kept the arm in a un natural position. Same kind of compression can occur from a nerve compression at a neck. Another possibility is a vascular (blood vessel occlusion , for which the cause has to be identified.

We will need further tests like a Xray and doppler study of the hand to identify and confirm the cause.

For now you can take a pain medication like Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily. Keep the arm rested. If there is no improvement in pain within 12-24 hours you should get medical help for further evaluation.

Feel free to ask followup questions.