Stabbing pain and cramps after sex for the first time

I'm 16 and I had sex the first time 2 weeks ago (17-05-13) and around 2-4 days after, I had extreme pain in my lower area. It was agonising, I couldn't walk, or sit, eat, etc, this pain lasted from 11pm - 4am. The next day after the night of extreme pain, I still had very very bad pain, it faded away after a couple day. The only explanation I could imagine was the breaking of the hymen, although I used tampons every period, ride horse and bikes regularly. The pain I felt was clearly inside of my cervix area, or somewhere around the area of menstrual cramps. Pain felt like sharp stabbing pain, extreme cramps.Wondering what this could be, very curious, also should I be worried about anything- thank you

I can understand your concern and will try to answer your queries to the best possible. The pain that you have described is probably due to the painful spams of the muscles around the vagina known as Vaginismus. The most common cause is due to anxiety, stress. It is quite common with people having sex the first time. Patients who experience this condition usually present with pain during sex and it may continue for some time afterwards.

I would suggest you to try a few exercises to relax the pelvic muscles and to bring down the pain. The exercises are called Kegel exercises where you sit like you are trying to urinate and contract the pelvic muscles and stay there for 5 minutes and then relax. This is repeated 10-15 times in a day for a week they are quite effective. You can also use an antispasmodic tablet like Cyclomec twice a day after food for a week. If it worsens then you can consult your doctor.