STD doctor

I am a 20 year old female and have had four sex partners and have unprotected sex twice. My last encounter was about three months ago where I was involved in oral sex. About seven months ago I got tested for Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea and was cleared for both. I just want to know from a STD doctor whether I should get tested for all STDs and is it necessary.

Thanks for writing and your question. Since you had multiple partners and sexually active you are always at the risk of having STDs that includes HPV and HIV. Condoms don’t provide hundred percent protections and hence if your partner has infections then you may also get it. They can also get transmitted through fluids from body like sweat, saliva, penile secretion or vaginal secretion. You should be literally screened for STDs as your risk factors are more and you have had unprotected sex with people whom you don’t know. Some of the conditions like Chlamydia and gonorrhoea can cause a vaginal discharge. It is better to get treated or tested properly to rule out any confusion and take the proper treatments.