Erectile Dysfunction is a clinical condition, experienced as a difficulty in initiating an erection maintaining it. The Causes of Erectile Dysfunction are as follows:
With reduced Libido-(sex drive)
- Hypogonadism - characterized by loss of libido, lethargy, muscle weakness and decreased frequency of shaving(due to less hair growth).
With Intact Libido
- Psychological problems, including anxiety.
- Vascular insufficiency (decreased blood supply to the peripheral organs.)
- Neuropathic conditions mostly caused by Diabetes, Alcohol excess, Multiple Sclerosis etc
- Drug induced as with Psychiatric medications, some anti hypertensive medications like Thiazide diuretics and beta-blockers.
Also your daily life style, academic or work stress, your relationship with your sexual partner adds to the present condition. Erectile dysfunction and reduced libido occur in over 50% of men with Chronic (long standing) Kidney disease or men who are on dialysis. From the experience gained in Diabetes clinics and statistical analysis, erectile dysfunction is a markedly under-diagnosed problem in Diabetic patients.
It is important to discuss this matter frankly, with your Doctor and help him in diagnosing your condition. Regular exercise, good food intake, reducing alcohol consumption ( if any), and maintaining healthy lifestyle are utmost important.
Visit your physician and feel free to talk about your problem.
Hope this was of some help.