Swelling in the neck for a year. Could it be MNG?

hi....i want to know about my thyroid. i have been having a swelling in my neck for like an year now....my mum and grandma both had goiter. so i did go to a doctor and i got many tsh and t4 tests done. and he also asked me to get a scan. i did. and now i have the scan report but i dont understand what it says....i can't wait to go meet my doctor but i wanna know before that... below i will give the results they wrote on my scan.MNG thyroid enlargement L>R lobe. L/lobe 12cc, R/lobe 6cc volumemild degree retromanubrial extension noted No significant tracheal compression Mostly adenomatous/ hypertrophied nodules However coarse echo pattern noted in lower poles of each lobe with increased vascularity None og the nodules showed intrinsic vascularity or microcalcificationsreactive cervical adenopathy, B/LSuggest exclude underlting thyroiditis/ anti thy antibody tests....Please can u explain thid to me. Thankyou :)

Well you are suffering from this condition known as Multi nodular goiter. Goiter refers to the enlargement of the Thyroid gland. Here, the Thyroid nodules appear lumpy with multiple nodules. This occurs mainly due to fluctuation in TSH levels. Other causes include iodine deficiency, goitrogens, hereditary.

Since your mum and grandma also had goiter, it is mainly hereditary. Your scan reports suggests that you have multi nodular goiter, which has caused compression of the trachea. I would suggest you to get an FNAC of the thyroid swelling and along with the TSH and T4 reports consult your doctor for further treatment.