Swollen non-functional kidney on routine scan

Recenty in my company medical checkup through sonography I found that there is some swelling on my right kidney.
Later I do CT Scan and Renal Scan. And doctor found that my right kidney only 5% working.
And they advise me to remove it because may be in future it can infect my right kidney. My age in 28.
Should go for kidney removal.

Category: Urologist

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

Dear Sir,

This kidney of yours is not working and certainly should be removed; otherwise you shall develop hypertension soon. However, there is no need to panic. It removal shall not affect your normal life. You can get it done at your pace; there is no emergency.

Hope this helps, please feel free to discuss further.

Sincerely
Dr Rajiv Goel
MS (AIIMS), MCh (AIIMS), DNB ( Uro)
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Consultant Urologist

Thanks for your prompt advise.

Need to ask for one more thing.
I am trying for baby from last 6-7 months but it's not working. I have done my semen analysis report.It's with attachment for your referance.
Is there any chances that its causes due to kidney? According to you, Based on semen analysis report is there any major issue with my kidney and my sperm count?

Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 3 Days.

Dear sir,

I have reviewed the semen analysis. The report is not very good; it is just ok. You need to consult with urologist regarding this also and get yourself examined.

Your kidney is not the cause for your poor semen analysis.

Dr. Rajiv Goel
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
DNB - NBE
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998