Swollen tongue without a diagnosis

Seriously, please help, I just need to know what doctor to see...
I have been having a swollen tongue and marked impressions from my teeth for months. At first i was told it was thyroid, then anxiety, then allergy, then into a dentist. No one seems to have any idea what is causing it. It seems to get worse, then better, then worse again. I've been on predinsone - varying between 60 mg and 2.5 depending on severity, and still take 2.5 per day regardless. I wish so much that I could get off it. They've also given me epipen just in case it gets too bad, started me on d and b12 vitamins. I honestly am at my wits end. 4 specialists (endocrinologist, allergy, ent, dentistry), 4 er visits, 2 general physicians. I just would like to know what kind of doctor to see next? it seems to be progressing further down my throat now (started just on my tongue, then the back of my throat, now down the back of my throat.) and it seems like my mouth and throat themselves are swelling too... sometimes at night I wake up and can't breathe so i've started sleeping on the couch so that i'm forced to remain on my side and stop my tongue from blocking my airway.

i just want to know what kindof doctor would be able to help.

Thank you so much in advance.

Make an appointment with a surgeon, in particular an ENT Surgeon who does surgery for OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnoea). Maxillary facial Surgeon is also a good choice. I am not saying you are having OSA, but a Surgeon experienced in those kind of Surgery might be able to help you. Rather than the speciality the particular surgeons expertise in dealing with such condition is important.

But before approaching a Surgeon it has confirmed that there is evident growth of the tongue. And it is not due to drugs / hormones / allergy / odema.

I would like to ask some additional information in this regard, if that is acceptable with you.

1. May I know the reason for steroid intake ?
2. Do you feel that your tongue is swollen on all days or only on certain days ? Does medications make any difference (for example anti allergy medications)
3. Do you snore in the night ?
4. Do you feel tired / sleepy during the day ?
5. Was Surgery suggested by any of the MDs you consulted ?

You can reply as a followup. Thank you.

Take care. Please ask any follow up questions if necessary.