Thank you for asking your query at DoctorSpring.
Make an appointment with a surgeon, in particular an ENT Surgeon who does surgery for OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnoea). Maxillary facial Surgeon is also a good choice. I am not saying you are having OSA, but a Surgeon experienced in those kind of Surgery might be able to help you. Rather than the speciality the particular surgeons expertise in dealing with such condition is important.
But before approaching a Surgeon it has confirmed that there is evident growth of the tongue. And it is not due to drugs / hormones / allergy / odema.
I would like to ask some additional information in this regard, if that is acceptable with you.
1. May I know the reason for steroid intake ?
2. Do you feel that your tongue is swollen on all days or only on certain days ? Does medications make any difference (for example anti allergy medications)
3. Do you snore in the night ?
4. Do you feel tired / sleepy during the day ?
5. Was Surgery suggested by any of the MDs you consulted ?
You can reply as a followup. Thank you.
Take care. Please ask any follow up questions if necessary.