Taking roaccutane, can I take supplements??

hi, i'm taking roacuttan the 20 mg pills. I was wondering if there was any problem on me taking the herbalife pills called multivitamins which contain 1666 Nl of vitamin A per portion along with other nutricional content. They are pills which have to be taken after the meals, which have no prescription, and are mainly to avoid people from being hungry later, but they do not replace a meal. They are in a way dieting pills but not fully. I wanted to know if there was any problem in taking those two pills at the same time, since the herbalife pills contain vitamin A and roacuttan already has vitamin A. The herbalife ones contain all vitamins, along with proteins, potasium and those kinds of stuff. I will appreciate the answer!

Hello, Thank you for asking your query at DoctorSpring

Accutane has high amounts of Vitamin A which could potentially be toxic for yourliver so dont take any more as it may be risky. I suggest you avoid taking any Vitamin supplements-but eat healthy and make sure you are getting vitamins naturally. You also have to be care full that you are eating healthily as your cholesterol can raise slightly while you are on it- again because of the Vitamin A and the way the liver processes it.

Accutane is made of huge amounts of Vitamin, you need to have blood tests every month to check your liver and various other things to make sure that everything is in balance.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask follow-up questions