Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Tender small sore spot in the pubic area

Resolved Question:

I found a small lump/ sore spot in the pubic area that is tender. I was reading that you should call a doctor if you have immune problems, for my allergies I have a corticosteroid nasal spray. Do I need to go in immediately?

Category: Family Physician-GP

Ask Your Own Question

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
 32 Doctors Online


Thank you for asking your query at DoctorSpring.

Steroid Nasal spray has only minimal systemic absorption. (Only a small amount of the spray reaches you blood and hence do not cause any major immune suppression). So under normal circumstances this does not constitute as immune suppression. I assume that you do not suffer from any chronic medical illness or immunosuppressive conditions otherwise (as in HIV-AIDS, congenital immunosuppression or Diabetes).

The lump probably is an inflamed lymph node due to a minor infection or inflammation. You can just observe it for a couple of days. It should resolve by itself by then. So you can wait and need not call in your Doctor immediately. In case if there is worsening symptoms or new symptoms you should get in touch with your Doctor.

Hope this helps
Please feel free to ask followup queries.

Thank you

Patient replied :

I do not have any illnesses etc except allergies. I put a heat pack on it last night and it is less tender and feels smaller. I have no other symptoms with the lump - been checking for fever, no aches or pains and only tenderness when I press or mess too much with it.

Nothing to worry. Its probably a lymph node, which should resolve (shrink) by its own. As I said earlier there is no immunosuppression danger for you as of now.

Only if there is worsening symptoms or new symptoms you should get in touch with your Doctor.

Wish you good health.
Thank you

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Resident Physician, in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news