Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Testicular pain and numbness of shaft of penis

Resolved Question:

Hi - I've been to several doctors but have not gotten a real diagnosis. I've gotten ultrasounds, and MRIs of pelvis and lower spine. I suddenly began feeling pain in testicle region in October 2012 and am still experiencing symptoms. It's mostly on right side but it's hard to locate exactly and I've felt pain on left side too. There is pain when I pat the top part of my right testicle with my hand; the pain occurs exactly where I tap it almost as if it were bruised. Along with the pain, the shaft of my penis became numb. Sensation of the penis shaft has improved but it was very numb for a long time. It's hard to desribe but it took on more of a wirey and numb feeling. Currently, the bottom part of scrotum feels numb. Furthermore, the force of the ejaculation is much, much weaker than it was before all this happened. This is probably the worst symptom. Less fluid comes out and it dribbles instead of shooting. At times, there was no sense of orgasm during ejaculation. Other areas can cause sharp pain if I press hard in the right spot. For example, applying hard pressure to a certain spot in perenium and upper groin will cause sharp pain. Lastly if Im sitting on a hard surface a certain way on my tailbone, sometimes when I stand up there is numb, tingling feeling around tailbone. When I'm standing up and I squeeze upper glutes together, there is pain right all around tailbone area. It almost seems like inflamed nerves and I'm wondering if the tailbone is involved. Thank you.

Category: Orthopedic Surgeon

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Spine Surgeon
 25 Doctors Online


Thank you for asking your query at DoctorSpring.

From an Orthopaedic point of view this symptoms does not seem to related to bones / joints or ligaments.

Have you had a Ultrasound examination done for your testes ? What about a urine culture ? Two possibilities I would consider is a chronic pelvic pain syndrome and prostatitis. Have you been under the care of an Urologist ?

You can reply as a followup
Thank you

Dr. Mukesh Tiwari
Category: Spine Surgeon
Fellowship - Khandaka Hospital, Jaipur
Residency - MS, Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur, 2000
Medical School, Internship - MBBS, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, 1995
Dr. Mukesh Tiwari and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news