The dormant time of HPV’s

Dear doctor; I am married to my husband for seven years and very recently have been tested with virus that is in my mouth and I fear that can be transmitted during oral sex. Tell about the duration factor and also about pictures of herpes.

Expert:  Dr. John Fuller replied 4 Days.

Your question is an important one and it is highly obliging. As you have been married with your husband for seven years and you have not had any kind of problem during sex it means that your sex life is full on course. Talking about the duration of the STD’s and HPV’s then you must know that this disease can remain dormant for longer durations that can last up to few years. You told that there is some kind of viruses’ type infections in your mouth and the reports are awaited. When this is the state then you should not have oral sex with your husband even if he wants you to do it. This is because when during oral sex the woman’s saliva is all over the male genitals and if there are any viruses or infections in the saliva then they can go inside the male penis and harm it. Also it might happen that your infection takes a much uglier look when it gets contracted to your husband. The HPV’s have duration that lasts for years. They can remain inactive for quite a long period of time showing no signs of occurrence. There may be also be the case when you have oral sex then infection of your mouth can cause genital herpes disease to your husband. You should see the pictures of herpes as this show the real damage that a STD can do through oral sex. The pictures of herpes tell the real story about the STD’s and they can also be contracted during oral sex. Best of luck for the rest of your life.

Dr. John Fuller
MD - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship, Family Medicine - Lutheran Medical Center
Residency, Family Medicine - The Mount Sinai Hospital