Took white pill instead of blue in AUZURETTE birth control.

I'm currently taking Azurette for birth control(28-day pack). I was supposed to take a reminder pill(blue pill in week 4) on Saturday, however I made a mistake and took a 1 white active pill on that day. Reminder pill was the last one in week 4. What should I do?

There is nothing to worry about here.
You have just missed one inactive pill, and that is perfectly alright.
Just continue the rest of the pack on schedule, that is, continue taking the active pills.

Thank you for your reply. Since I took white pill instead of inactive pill, my labelled calendar on my pill pack is one day ahead. If I still want to start every Sunday/go back to my original calendar, what should I do?

I understand that you are now running one day ahead.
What you do is when you finish the pills in this pack, including the inactive ones, just take the one you forgot on the last day ( that means you take two reminder pills in this current month ).
Then you would be on schedule.
I hope I am clear. Let me know if you have any queries.

I took half of the forgotten pill along with one white active pill the day I found out that I made a mistake so the inactive pill is gone...what should I do? If I understand correctly, in this case I don't need any secondary birth control method as I'm sexually active. Also, just in case it happens in the future, what's the maxium number of inactive pills I could miss without taking extra precaution? Thanks a lot! It's been very helpful.

If that inactive pill is gone, there is one more option.
ONce you finish this pill pack, including the inactive pills, then just take nothing ( no pill ) for a day.
As such, these are inactive pills mainly meant to help you keep the pill pack on schedule as per your calendar.
So just imagine you have taken a reminder pill , and take no pill.
That way your Sunday schedule will remain unaffected.
You can miss even all the inactive pills without needing backup.
Many women skip the entire strip of inactive pills to avoid having a period and keep taking the active pills back to back.
It is missing 2 or more active pills that makes backup mandatory.
Thank you for the appreciation. Pl free to discuss further.

Thank you! I guess my question was what is the longest break I can take between packs? If I want to go back to my Sunday schedule, I'll need to take 8 days of break before I start taking a new pack.

Expert:  Dr. Aarti Vazirani replied 1 Day.

No, if you take more than a week's break, ( a week ' break if already provided for in the pill pack ), then you need backup for the whole month.