Treated for Chlamydia and persistent penile discharge

Hello. I was diagnosed with chlamydia not too long ago. This was based on a urine test and a description of my symptoms. I took Doxycycline 2 times a day for 7 days and the symptoms were greatly reduced. It was still present though so the doctor prescribed a medicine which I forgot its name, its 4 tablets taken at once one time only. The second urine test showed I had no chlamydia, which was also negative to gonorrhea and trich. I still have some symptoms like the white discharge when I am sitting down, and a bit of an itch sometimes at the tip of the penis. The doctor prescribed another doxycycline but for 14 days this time, and said he can't prescribe anything after that. I am not sure what to do, because I am really worried. I am not done with the doxy, I have seven more days to go, but I still have the white discharge, although I never feel pain peeing or anything like that in my penis. Just a very minor itch maybe twice during the day.

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

You have been given the right treatment. Completion of 2 weeks of doxycycline should suffice and you would not require anything. However, if your symptoms still persist then please contact me.

Hope this helps, please feel free to get back if you have any queries.

Sincerely
Dr Rajiv Goel
MS (AIIMS), MCh (AIIMS), DNB ( Uro)

Dr. Rajiv Goel
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
DNB - NBE
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998