Treatment for Tinea cruris and elevated liver enzymes

I am 39 yrs old (male) taking medicine from 1st January-2014, as advised by a Gastroenterologist for elevated liver enzymes. My LFT results before starting medicine like- SGOT-73.00, SGPT- 139.00, GGPT-63.00, Alkaline Phosphate- 111.00, Bilirubin Total- 0.90, Bilirubin Direct-0.30, Bilirubin Indirect-0.60, Total Protein-8.50, Albumin-4.70, A:G Ratio-1.24
Platelet Count is 69.0 thou/mm3.

Now my medication is like- * Ursocol SR-450, 1 cap daily. * NUSAM 400, 2 tab daily.* Livopill DS, 2 tab daily.* NEXPRO-40, 1 tab daily. Evion 400, 2 cap daily.

Can I take medicine for skin problems at the same time? I am suffering from skin disease (may be Tinea Cruris) from my childhood (enclosed picture).

I have used several ointments at several times. Last on Dec- 2010, I have taken consultation of a Dermatologist & medication was like- *Tab- Zimig-250mg, 1 tab daily for 3 months, * Tab- Alaspan, 1 tab daily for 3 months, & EBERNET Cream.

After that for last 3 years no sufferings were there, but very recent it was repeated & present growth is like pictures.

Can I take the same medicine again for another 2 months? Is there any side effects as I am taking medicine for Liver also? If other medicines are required, Please suggest me & what will be the dose and duration.

Thanking You

Thanks for posting your query.

You surely have tinea cruris. But it can be treated with creams and it won't be mandatory to take tablets. In view of your liver profile, I wouldn't recommend that you take tablets.

I would recommend that you apply terbinafine cream twice daily for three weeks and it should resolve the infection.

As my case is chronic & last 3 years ago it was treated by both cream & tablets, I am in doubt whether it will cured by cream permanently or not. As I am taking medicine for liver protection strongly & it will continue for another month, will it an opportunity to take tablets also for better / permanent result? However, your opinion will be followed finally. Thanks.

It's best to treat it with cream right now, that will also resolve the infection.