Treatment for VITILIGO besides MELANOCYCL ointment.

Hi Doctor,

I have Vitiligo on my legs. Could you please me know the medicines that I should try and also the food that I should take?

I have tried Melanocycl ointment. The after burn using this ointment just increased the size of white patch on my legs. I have also tried suprady tabs.

I need your advice.

Vitiligo is a condition where treatment takes a very long time to work and also treatments have to be individualized according to the distribution and extent of the patches. Also according to whether it's progressive or non progressive.

Hence monitoring by a dermatologist becomes essential.

If your condition is progressive, oral steroids with topical steroid creams and other creams is the mode of treating it. In case of non progressive lesions, treating with topical creams is helpful.

It's advisable to use elidel cream twice daily on your patches. It's helpful in regaining the color. It will need a prescription.

Whether or not to use topical steroid cream can be decided according to it being progressive or non progressive.

I would recommend that you once visit a dermatologist to let him draw out a plan for you according to the severity and extent after examining you.

Thank you very much for the reply. I had been a dermatologist twice and that is when I started using Melanocycl ointment. By the way, I am living in India.
It is non progressive. It is the same for more than a year now.
I have it on my right and left toes(skin above the toe nails). I also had it on the second finger(finger next to the toe), Luckily, that has dissapeared. So I am hopefull that it is curable :)
Some small request, can you please let me know that food that I should be eating?
Thanks.

There are no food restrictions. You can intake everything.
I would recommend application of elidel cream twice daily as that would help in regaining the color back.