Trichomoniasis.

I had unprotected oral sex just over a week ago. After 3 days I had a yellow discharge from my penis. I went to the walk in clinic that day. They gave me a shot and medicine for gonorreha & chlamyda. They also tested me for both and the test came back negative. The yellow discharge went away soon after the meds. It's been over a week and when I get an erection I have a clear muscus discharge, but not when flaccid. It does not hurt when I urinate, but I have discomfort what feels like in my urethra when just sitting around. It's not constant, it just comes and goes. What could this be? I am still worried about an STD, should I be worried?

Hello and thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring with your query.

You have tested negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea. Though most of your symptoms have cleared , but since you have mucus discharge, and discomfort still persisting , it is recommended that you test for Trichomoniasis also. Tests include microscopy or APTIMA for Trichomonas done on urine sample.
It is also possible that you have a persistent infection other than Trichomoniasis. An easy and simple approach would be wait for a couple of days and see symptoms evolve and go for testing.

If tests are not available, you will require to take treatment for it as empirical treatment. Trichomoniasis presents with similar symptoms like mucopurulant urethral discharge or pain while passing urine, or discomfort.
You will require to take a course of metronidazole for Trichomoniasis in consultation with your Doctor.
You should also abstain from sex for a week after treatment. It is important to make sure that you take the whole course of antibiotic.

It is important that you get yourself tested for HIV too, as STDs increase the risk of other STD infections.

I hope this has helped. Feel free to follow up.

Thankyou

Trichomoniasis can be contracted through oral sex?

No Trichomoniasis is not usually transmitted by oral sex. But what happens many times is that when a STD like Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea is treated by antibiotics it can unmask a Trichomonal infection acquired previously and can present with the symptoms mentioned. So it is better to go for Trichomona testing along with a urine culture. If the tests are not available then the best option will be see how symptoms evolve and go for an empirical treatment with antiprotozoal + antibiotics (a different class of antibiotic, which was not used the first time).

Feel free to ask followups