Ureteral stones.

I have a pain in my lower left side of the back. I compare the pain to one that I have when I was in school running track for a long distance. After a while sometimes I would get a pain in the lower left side and with every step it would hurt but if I stopped it would stop. This pain although in the same area just kink of comes and goes and my concern is that it is impacting my blood pressure and causing it to go up... I have taken some Advil and it helps the pain go away and the blood pressure returns to normal but some how if comes back.

Hello and thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring with your query.
I have gone through your case and understand your concern.
Your pain could be related to either a muscle pain, nerve pain or due to ureteral stones.
Please can you answer a few question so that I can give you an informed opinion.
1) Since when have you been having the pain?
2) Is the pain worse in a certain position or after certain activity or does it just come at any time as a dull aching pain?
3) Are you having any nausea vomiting in this period?
4) How much is your blood pressure when you have the pain and have you checked it otherwise, if yes how much is it then?
5) Are you having any pain while passing urine?
6) What medication were you on for blood pressure and for how long and what was your B.P values then?

Ideally you will require to get an XRay done to help with a definitive diagnosis.
Please can you reply as a follow up and I will advise you accordingly.
Thankyou

1. Started less than 24 hours ago.
2. No. It kind of comes and goes sometime.
3. No nausea or vomiting
4. The highest has been 150/93. It comes and goes.
5. No pain during urination.
6. I was on Atenanol several years ago. It kept the BP under control and it was normal.

Hello thankyou for your response.
It could be that you pain is related to kidney stones as it has started less than 24 hours ago and is not associated with any trauma.
I would advise you to do the following in view of your condition.
1) You will have to get these 2 tests to help make a definite diagnosis.
a) X-Ray to see your KUB and lumbar spine b) USG abdomen
2) I would advise you to get your B.P examined on a few occasions and if it is persistently high you will require to be on medication
3) For now you can continue tab Advil after a meal when required but get the above tests done at the earliest to help rule out the cause.

I hope this has helped.
You can follow up with the results.
Thankyou.