Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

UTI secondary to urethral obstruction.

Resolved Question:

Hey it hurts really bad when I pee it burns really bad and its really red inside of my pee hole and when I do pee it goes everywhere instead of a stream what's wrong

Category: Family Physician-GP

Ask Your Own Question

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
 32 Doctors Online


Thank your for your consult at

You might have an obstruction in your urethra and it sounds like it is infected. An obstruction can be anything from a stone or caliculi to an abnormal growth to infection and inflammation ~ causing the redness, pain and the urine that goes everywhere

To know for sure you need to get examined and possibly do further testing. You will need to do blood tests (including counts of hb, white blood cells, etc), urine analysis, and possibly some imaging studies to locate the stricture if suspected. If an infection is present you will need to determine if there is bacteria present and if so antibiotics will help treat it. Go to the emergency room if it is very intolerable or else make an appointment with your urologist as soon as possible.

By the way how old are you? Do you have fever or pain in your abdomen? Any other symptoms? This information might help me give you more suggestions.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions. Take care.

Patient replied :

Yes I have pain in my lower back and abdomen there no blood it my urine it just burns when I pee and my inside part were I pee is really red kinda

Thanks for the follow-up.

You definitely have an infection and maybe an obstruction. I would advise you seek treatment right away as I suggested earlier. You will need to treat your infection with antibiotics, Ciprofloxacin 500mg/twice a day and do further imaging studies for structural abnormalities, stones, etc. If you are over 50 then your chance of cancer increases and you will need to check your prostate for enlargement as well. Hope this helps. Take care.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Resident Physician, in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news