Vaginal discharge and STD

Could I have a STD?

Thanks for your consult at DoctorSpring.com.

Your question is incomplete, and I would need more information to help you best. For example could you please add more details like history (sexual history, since when, concerned issues, skin lesions, warts if any), any high resolution pictures of lesions, medication you are on etc.

You could reply with more details as followup. To upload pictures/reports you could either upload them as follow-up or email them to info@doctorspring.com. Look forward to your reply.

Dr Sebastian

I have vaginal discharge for about a week and pimple-like rash (but only 2-3 spots) on my bottom for around 2 weeks that don't go away.
No medication.

Shu

Thank you for providing the additional information. If you have a history of unprotected sexual intercourse in the recent past the Vaginal discharge could be suggestive of a STD.

Gonorrhea, chlamydia, bacterial vaginosis, and candidiasis are the conditions to be suspected. If you have a dysuria (painful urination Gonorrhoea should be strongly considered. Candidiasis will have thick white discharge. The best approach would be to undergo a direct physical examination by a OBGYN followed by a STD screening. The STD test should consist of of Vaginal smear /mount and a urine culture.

The pimple like lesion in the bottom does not appear to be a STI (although Herpes is a rate possibility).

I recommend you to get in touch with an STD clinic for the testing. An HIV test may be carried out after 5-6 weeks (from the last unprotected sexual contact). If you could send me a picture of the pimple like lesions in the bottom I will be able to give a more specific diagnosis.

Please feel free to ask followup questions.