Thank you for using Ask a Doctor Service from Doctor Spring.
I can understand your problem and will try to the best possible.
Excess hair growth in unwanted area such as facial hair (moustache) or in the chest (around nipples) and acne is commonly caused by high level of a hormone called androgens in your body. This condition is medically termed hirsutism. It is quite common in women and seen to affect one to three women in every 20. There are wide ranges of treatment options available, and I’m quite certain it will help you to get rid of these unwanted hairs. Firstly, I would suggest you to consult with GP to evaluate the cause for his problem, one of the commonest causes for the excess unwanted hair growth are PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). If your periods have been irregular, then PCOS could be the cause. Hormones such as testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone may be measured to check for signs of polycystic ovary syndrome.
Secondly, for cosmetic reason, you might just want to remove the facial hair, or the around the nipples. The treatment of hirsutism requires patience, because hair follicles have a life cycle of about six months. Most medications must be taken for six months before a noticeable improvement occurs. There are lot of hair removal techniques available for this purpose and the choice is yours.
- Shaving — Shaving is a safe and effective method for hair removal but may require daily sessions.
- Chemical hair removal, waxing, and bleaching — Hair removal agents and wax can be used to remove hair, and bleaches can be used to lighten hair. Depilatories and bleaches may cause skin sensitivity in some women, so be certain to follow the directions for patch testing.
- Electrolysis — Electrolysis damages individual hair follicles by inserting a very fine needle into the hair follicle and applying an electrical current. Electrolysis is best suited for treatment of small areas, although larger areas may be treated with multiple sessions over time. The treatment is safe and effective, but it can be painful and is often expensive. To find a qualified electrologist, inquire regarding the individual's training, experience, and licensing.
- Laser hair removal Although expensive, laser hair removal is effective, faster, and less painful than electrolysis. It can often permanently reduce hair growth, particularly in those who are fair-skinned with dark hair. Most people require four to six treatments spaced approximately four to six weeks apart in order to achieve satisfactory hair removal, and maintenance treatments may be needed once every six to twelve months to remove the smaller fine hairs that grow back.
- Creams — Eflornithine hydrochloride (Vaniqua®) is a skin cream that can be used to slow the growth of unwanted facial hair in women. It does not remove hair permanently. Noticeable results take about six to eight weeks, and once the cream is discontinued, hair returns to pretreatment levels after about eight weeks
Along with these, certain medications can also help to reduce the androgen hormone level in your body such as oral contraceptive pills, or anti androgen drugs such as spironolactone. You must consult with your GP to get advice on taking these medications.
Eye bags are very common, it can develop due to hereditary factors, lack of sleep, illness, stress and nutritional deficiencies. Try the following natural remedies to cure dark bags under your eyes, if it doesn't improve then consult with your GP.
- Have a nutritious and balanced diet, including fresh fruits, salads, yogurt and sprouts in your daily diet, along with unprocessed cereals, skimmed milk, lentils and beans.
- Daily exercise, along with deep breathing, helps blood circulation, oxygenation and control of stress.
- Adequate sleep and relaxation are very important. You must sleep for at least 6-8 hours daily
- Mix potato juice with cucumber juice in equal quantities and apply it under eye, it cures dark circles and also puffiness under the eye
- If all these tips fail, then you might go for an appropriate under eye creams with a doctor’s advice.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have further queries.