Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home


Resolved Question:

I have been having issues with my prostate (I think) for the past two years. The urologist said I had prostatitis last year, took some antibiotics, got a little better. My psa went from 2.2 to 3.3 and then back to 2.7. During the past six months I feel it got worse. Immediately after peeing, it's like an earthquake. My back hurts, my legs hurts, my stomach hurts, I feel nauseated, it feels as my penis burns, my butt hurts, etc.....Sometimes I feel as I did not get all of the urine out, urination sometimes stops and starts, sometimes it's normal. I feel I have to push to get it out. When I had prostatitis I got up many times at night, but now I do not get up and actually when I go to sleep things seem to get better before I have my first urination in the morning, then the earthquake hits me. I have put on some weight and my fear is that the urologist has missed the diagnosis of prostate cancer and it's now gone to my bones and other parts. he claims that since I am still urinating with little problem and the PSA has come down, it's probably a chronic prostatitis. I am getting another PSA done in August (yearly). I just need a second opinion. Cannot understand why it's so annoying after I urinate every time.

Category: Urologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
 20 Doctors Online

Thank you for your query at

Dear sir,

I have read your history in detail and understand what you are going through.

Your symptoms all seem to indicate a reactivation of your chronic prostatitis, nothing like cancer. You need to start yourself on appropraite antibiotics and alpha blockers(like tamsulosin) under the care of your doctor. These medications in combination will provide you with good relief.


Again, be rest assured that you do not seem to have prostate cancer, especially since your PSA was well within normal limits last year.

I would be interested to know the findings of your digital rectal examination.

Please reply in the follow up and feel free to ask queries.

Take care.



Dr Rajiv Goel,

MS (AIIMS), MCh (AIIMS), DNB ( Uro),

Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia,

Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany,

Consultant Urologist.

Dr. Rajiv Goel
Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998
Dr. Rajiv Goel and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news