what is spirometry?

Am really glad you answered all my queries in time and in depth. But doctor I have a doubt. We recently brought a pet dog to our home. It has a lot of fur. Is this the reason for the condition of my daughter? Is there any chance that this pet animal could cause further exacerbations in my child if this is known to cause symptoms in my daughter? Is there any use if I remove the pet from our home now? And finally what is spirometry. Please get back with the possible answers. I thank you so much again for your interest in my case.

Hello there. I appreciate your effort in taking this pain for the health of your daughter and I see the anxiety and the interest you show on your daughter.

Well, for sure the new pet in your family could be the reason for your child's condition. The hair consists of lot of dander that is expelled into the atmosphere. This dander triggers an immunological reaction in a sensitive individual, like your child and could predispose to asthma.

If the pet is removed from the place , well there are good enough chances that your child could recover from the condition. Repeated exposure could result in repeated attacks with increased immunological conditions. So avoiding the pet would definitely prove some results in your case.

Spirometry is a test used to assess the function of the lung with respect to the parameters volume and flow. Lung disease like COPD and Asthma are usually diagnosed and managed through this test. Spirometry also helps in the follow up of patient regarding the efficacy of the drug where the physician can switch the drug if its effect is suboptimal.

However, there is nothing that can replace physical examination and a detailed history taking. Hope your child lands in a safe hands for an appropriate treatment.

Please feel free to update us with further querries.