Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Which doctor should I see to monitor STEROIDS intake?

Resolved Question:

I am going to start a cycle of steroids. I want to be safe and responsible in doing so. I need to kow if I speak with a Dr and have them run blood tests and monitor me will it be reported to my insurance company that I am taking AAS? If not then which specialist or group of doctor should I see to have monitor me? Px details: 27yo M healthy no allergies 193lbs 27BMI

Category: Internal Medicine Specialist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
 26 Doctors Online

Thank you for your query at
I understand your concern.
Can you please tell me the reason for this steroids? Is it for athletic purpose or some other reason?
And can you also tell me the dosage or the brand you are planning to start?
In which country do you live? Do you pay by your insurance or pay personally for your health care?
As laws vary from country to country, hence this information is essential.
I can guide you based on that,
Feel free to discuss further,

Patient replied :

Steroids are for athletic/aesthetic purposes. I plan to take cyponate 500mg week in tiered progress for 12 weeks stacked with winnesterol. PLanned pct is hcg to restart test and clomid. Nolvadex taken throughout cycle to avoid gynocomastia. I live in the US. Will pay through insurance unless I have to pay out of pocket to avoid reporting.

Thanks for providing the additional details.
Now the rules governing use of anabolic steroids for athletic purpose vary from state to state and your local doctor probably a GP will have the best information whether you can consider getting the monitoring done by your insurance.
Otherwise a doctor with MD in internal medicine or sports medicine is the doctor best suited to monitor you and lookout for the side-effects while you are on these plethora of medicines to improve the athletic capacity. You may let him know the details and the need for taking them and he will give you a proper list of investigations and schedule to conduct the same.
If its legally allowed in your state then the doctor will consider it under insurance or else you will have to pay from your pocket.
Hope this helps,

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Resident Physician, in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news