Whole body aching

i am a 46yr old male , im an ex rugby player and am usually fit and active and attend the gym 4 times a week , but the last week i have been aching from head to toe even my groin and am finding it hard to walk . i have been taking solphadine and ibrufen but nothing is working . i suffer from high blood pressure and take medication for this.

Thank you for consulting with Doctorspring. I understand that you are an active male. You lifestyle is commendable in this age of a sedentary life. I'd like to enquire first of all whether you have had any injury in the recent past or any other health conditions in the recent past. A few medications are known to cause myalgia or generalized body ache. It is possible that you have a mild viral infection. I'd advise that you take some rest and not exert yourself. If you have fever, diarrhea or cold, visit your GP for further medication. I hope this information was of use to you.