Will bone structure of wife carried out to my daughter?

I have a 20 months old daughter. My concern is pertaining to the bone structure that can be carried out to my daughter from my wife.

My wife has (a) extremely wide hip bone (Major Concern) (b) petite shoulders and (c) less than average height

Can you please suggest me with tips that that can be carried out to try such that extremely wide hips can be reduced, shoulder and height can be increased.

I might be sounding absurd, but the hip bone structure is of extreme concern for everyone due to impediments in society. Can you please guide with tips. I heard that harmonal injections (when she is about 15 yrs) can help to attain height, but can this cause over bonestructure to increase (ie. even the hip bone) . Going under the knife is not at all an option for us.

Category: Orthopedic Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

I have read your question with diligence.

If wide hips appear due to changes in bone, then this can only be corrected through surgery.
Hormone therapy has effect on bones but it either increases length or increases bone deposition making bones stronger.

Hormone therapy can be helpful in decreasing fat mass, which in other ways also reduces fat at some places like cheeks,waist & hips. This will also help in deceasing hip size.
However, hormone therapy has its own risks and undesirable adverse effects. You can consult an endocrinologist for the discussion about the same.

Hope this was helpful to you. Let me know if you have further queries.

Dr. Mukesh Tiwari
Fellowship - Khandaka Hospital, Jaipur
Residency - MS, Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur, 2000
Medical School, Internship - MBBS, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, 1995