Will HPV and genital warts disappear by its own?

Dear doctor, I am 29 years old and was sexually very much active before. About 4 years ago, I was diagnosed with HPV as I got some genital warts here and there, with very small size in my genital areas. But I have not experienced any problems in having warts, like itching or pus. I read from somewhere that HPV infection will go away by its own in 2 years. I used to get abnormal paps before and they turned normal recently. Since it went normal, I thought that the infection is disappeared and I am freed from its worst effects and will be out of problem soon. With that in mind, I had sex with my girlfriend about 2 weeks ago. Now, another wart has appeared in the genital region itself showing that it is still there. So, I am really fed up with it and confused whether it will disappear or continue to harm me. Can I deal with the warts by using some medication? Or will it last for a lifetime? I fear to tell about this to others as I fear it is a sexual infection. Please help me to get this irritating situation cleared. Thanks for your time.

It is unfortunate to know that you have contracted with HPV and resulting genital warts. This is a commonly seen virus infection and moreover sexually transmitted infection, spread from person to person through sexual intercourse and related sex act. It can be spread through sex involving vagina, penis, anus, mouth etc. There are about 70+ varieties of HPV infections found till date. Genital warts and HPV can be spread without any visible reactions like warts. That is one person can have dormant HPV infection without any warts seen in skin. Warts can appear suddenly after getting infected or years after getting the infection. Out immune system will defend the outbreak of symptoms making the HPV dormant. Usually, genital warts are brought under control by immune system within 2 years or so. Guys engaging in sex with affected people are likely to get and give infection. The only way to get rid of the infection is preventing it from getting transmitted to your own body. Using safe sex measures like condoms can help in this. Once contracted with HPV, there is no medical method to get it cured. However you can use some creams to bring down the spread and reach of warts. Hope your query is answered well. Take care.