Will my baby get affected with genital herpes through touch?

Hi doctor, I am a 27 years old female. I am married 2 years ago and am sexually active with my husband. My husband has got genital herpes. I have got a child of six months. Yesterday, I had sex with my husband, at night. At that time, he had a herpes outbreak and he used protection by using condom. But I don’t remember whether I have touched it with my hands. My baby woke up at night and started crying. Not remembering about the herpes affected fluid in hand, I touched my baby to change her diaper. Unfortunately, I forgot to wash my hands before touching her. Is there a chance that I might have given herpes to her? Is there an antidote to protect her as soon as possible? I am very much worried about my baby. Please help ,e as soon as possible. 

Expert:  Dr. John Fuller replied 4 Days.

Thanks for you care and concern. For your information, let me say something about herpes. It is caused by a virus called Herpes Simplex Virus. It is of two types- type1 and type 2. Of these, type 1 causes infection in mouth and is transmitted through saliva. The second type, type 2 is know to cause genital herpes. Fortunately, HSV type 2 virus cannot live long in non-living conditions. It makes your baby safe and there is relatively no risk in getting her affected with genital herpes. Be careful while taking care of your child. Wash hands before touching or changing sanitizer pad of your child. Take care.

Dr. John Fuller
MD - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship, Family Medicine - Lutheran Medical Center
Residency, Family Medicine - The Mount Sinai Hospital