Woke up at night with severe chest pain

Last night severe chest pain woke me. The pain was located between my breasts abd I felt breathless. It lasted 5-6 munutes, took an aspirin, pain subsided and I went to sleep. Today I am weak and tired. There is an icy feeling in my chest. I am functional.

Category: Cardiologist

Expert:  Dr. Vivek Mahajan replied 4 Days.

The chest pain in not very typical of a Cardiac cause, but a Cardiac cause of chest pain is still possible. Since you are 50+ age it is always safe to get an EKG done to rule out any heart related cause. This could very well be a NCCP (Non cardiac chest pain) but better play it safe a get an EKG.

I would like to know some more details about the symptom so that I can give a more definitive opinion.
1. Has the pain recured ? Do you have any pain now ?
2. Is there sweating, nausea, vomiting or syncope associated with the pain ?
3. Is the pain radiating ? Like is it moving to your arms or neck ?

You can reply as a follwoup

Dr. Vivek Mahajan
Fellowship: DM, Cardiology, PGIMER, 2013
Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, AIIMS, 2007
Internship: King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital, 2003 
Medical School: MBBS, Seth G.S. Medical College, 2002