Worrying about getting HIV after protected sex.

Hi Dr,
I had a Protected sex and worried about my HIV status.
I have attached the details and would like to have your expert advice.

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

I have gone through your detailed tests and information. Firstly since you had protected sex the chances of acquiring HIV only comes if the condom breaks. Since that did not happen you really should not worry about HIV.
Moreover the symptoms you have are not related to HIV, and HIV does not show any symptoms in most cases for 1-2 years after acquiring infection, except for a vague fever and swollen lymph nodes.
You had taken the antigen test already and it is negative at the end of 1 month, which shows there is no HIV RNA in your blood, which would have showed up by now. The girl could have just started her period, or the blood could have been due to minor injury,and seeing that anxiety is normal. But you do not have any risk of HIV.
I would have been worried if this was unprotected sex.
So kindly do not worry.

Hi Dr,
Thanks for your reply. I would be greatful if you can please address my following concerns:
- when the condom breaks it is clearly visible of is it some minute hole which goes unnoticed ?
- Is my HIV DUO test @ 31 Days conclusive ? or do i need more testing
- This is my 7th week after the incident and can i still undergo ARS
- I took a RNA / PCR test on the 13 and 31 day. I am assuming i had been infected the test would have shown positive . Is my assumption correct ?
- Can i carry on with my life or do a need a antibodies test @ 90 days.
Thanks in advance

To answer your specific queries :
1) If condom breaks you will notice easily because semen will spill out no matter how tiny the hole is.
2) HIV DUO test is conclusive at the end of first month for people with normal immunity. Some doctors recommend waiting for 3 months, just to ensure even if somebody is immunocompromised it will show up by the end of third month.
3) There is no need for anti retroviral therapy.
4) HIV RNA being the first parameter to be detected, the disease has been ruled out since it is negative in your serum.
Do carry on with your normal life.
I assure you, you do not have any reason to worry.

Hello Doctor, Thanks for patiently replying to my queries. If I understand correctly I need not take another test after 90 days considering my hiv duo test @31 days as conclusive or do you suggest that I take a test at the end of 90 and 120 days ?
Point 3 was can I still undergo servoconversion after 7 weeks Will the HiV duo test give correct result @ 31 days even if the patient is immunocompromised ?

No if the patient is immunocompromised then it may take up to 3 months for the test to turn positive.
Considering you're healthy with no history of other medical ailments you have no reason to be worried about that.
I don't think you need any additional tests.
Seroconversion occurs in 2 weeks earliest, and is present in 95 % of the individuals by 1st month. Only gets delayed in immunocompromised people. So considering HIV DUO test at 31 days was negative, you're fine.