Herpes without symptoms or outbreaks for years

Hello doctor, I am in a really frustrated situation as I found to be positive for genital herpes. But I haven’t got any outbreak of herpes symptoms till now. But my doctor confirms that I am infected. Is it possible? Can herpes stay in body without making any symptoms? Recently, I saw some small bumps in my penis shaft and penis head. If it is herpes, please suggest me some home based remedy for herpes. Thanks for your time.

It is really unfortunate to know that you are infected with genital herpes. Genital herpes, as you may know, is caused by Herpes Simplex Virus. It is a dangerous infection, as it can go without making any symptoms or outbreaks for years. Moreover, infected people will not realize that they are carrying the virus and infecting others. Genital herpes has become a major health concern nowadays. After the worst first outbreak, it will go away by its own without any treatment. It will take about 2-3 weeks to disappear the symptoms. But once infected, the virus will stay in human body and there is not treatment found yet, to eradicate the virus fully. Symptoms include small blisters, bumps, sores, cold sores etc. Unfortunately, there are no home based treatment solutions for the disease. Anti-viral medicines are used to treat chronic infections. Otherwise, there is no need of treatment itself. Hope your doubts are cleared by now. Best of luck.