A severe chest pain in my left side of the chest

Hi doctor, I am a 30 years aged young man. For a several months I have been feeling a severe chest pain in my left side of the chest. It only appears in some certain intervals some days suddenly happen and get relief within a couple of seconds it repeats more than 10 times a day. Still I didn’t take health insurance, do I need to take it as serious and do I need to take any medical aids?

Expert:  Dr. Steve Merris replied 4 Days.

Thanks for your query; It is very difficult to me for find out the exact reason of your chest pain why because there is many factors which affects the left side of chest. Pain developing from chest wall, heart, upper gastrointestine and lungs all could be show same symptoms. There is chance due to angina, I suggest you to visit your general physician to a thorough checkup of your body including cardiac test and BP. You can also rule out any problems in related with angina by an ECG or a lipid panel accompany with a cardiac test. Get well soon.

Dr. Steve Merris
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center