Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Abnormal chest size with fatty tissue, looks bad. GYNECOMASTIA?

Resolved Question:

dear sir, I am male 24, I think my chest size is not looks like normal, it has developed some fatty tissue and looks bad, is it men boobs (gynecomastia) . kindly suggest how to get rid of it. thank you.

Category: Endocrinologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Diabetologist
Dr. J Muthukrishnan is online now

Expert:  Dr. J Muthukrishnan replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query at
I understand your concern.
Kindly attach an image of the same. I assure you of complete privacy. Once I see, I will be able to understand whether it is gynecomastia.

Patient replied :

Sexual function is alright. Erection is normal. Pubic hair is normal. I trimme my pubic hair once in a month. Currently not taking any medicine.

Expert:  Dr. J Muthukrishnan replied 3 Days.

I have seen the image. Please answer some questions. Is your sexual function alright? Do you get normal erection. Do you have normal pubic hair? How often do you need to shave.? Are you on any medications?

Patient replied :

Sir kindly let me konw, is it due to the reason that body has developed more estrogen level (above normal). Or my body is converting testosterone into estrogen due to presence of any chemical/enzymes. I have search all these information on Internet.
Kindly suggest what precautions I should take. Or should I go for test first If it is fat, then how to get rid of it And if it is due to estrogen....... Or I should concern with surgeon. If surgery is the option kindly refer some doctors/places
Sir KINDLY suggest I'm waiting for your reply

Expert:  Dr. J Muthukrishnan replied 2 Days.

Alright. In that case, There isnt much to worry. this may be just excess fat deposition.
You need to test for certain hormones like Testosterone, Prolactin and LH, FSH.
In case all are normal, then a plastic surgeon can help you get rid of it, in case you are concerned for cosmetic reasons

Expert:  Dr. J Muthukrishnan replied 1 Day.

You will need to show to a doctor who can ascertain if its fat or a breast tissue. If its fat, then it just needs removal. If its breast tissue, you will need the tests as advised and then treatment depending on the results. If all hormonal results are normal, it can be removed by the surgeon.
Usually the cause is excess estrogen, which may be due to increased aromatase enzyme activity. It has various reasons, but treatment remains as suggested.
Doctors who do this surgery are plastic surgeons. You can contact them in your area.

Dr. J Muthukrishnan
Category: Diabetologist
1. 10th Asia-Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society  Fellows meeting, Seoul, Korea, Oct 2008
2. Eighth ICMR Course on Genetics and Genetic Counseling – Jul 2008 – SGPGI, Lucknow
3. Annual Certificate Course on Endocrinological Laboratory Techniques at National Institute of Nutrition (ICMR) Hyderabad,India, ( Aug-Sep 2006) 
Fellowship: Endocrinology, Diplomate of National Board, National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2008, Medwin Hospital, Hyderabad
Senior Residency: Diplomate of National Board (General Medicine), National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2002
Residency: MD, General Medicine, 1997-2000, Armed Forces Medical College, 2nd position in University
Medical School: MBBS, Armed Forces Medical College, 1992
Dr. J Muthukrishnan and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on


Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.