Ache in side of chest on OMEPRAZOLE, MEBEVERINE.

Consultation id cd030620150258, dear dr tripathy, you said come back to you after a week, I have taken omeprozole 20mg one a day and mebeverine 135mg one three times a day, the belching seems to have subsided, the ache in my side on the right is still there also for the last couple of days my mouth has been extremely dry , no amount of water seems to ease this, I still wake up with my heart pounding, I have tried to eat the right things, porridge and brown toast for breakfast, white meat, , salad, celery etc.

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 4 Days.

I reviewed your previous case and I understand your concern.
Where exactly is the pain? And has it not gone down at all? Is it a spasmodic pain, increasing on movements?
Since the belching has subsided, you can stop Omeprazole. The dryness will automatically resolve. Your diet is fine, you can continue the same.
Dr. Jaydeep

Sorry again doctor I have just seen your reply, its more of a constant ache, , I'll stop the ome prazole and can I contact you in another week, all I want is a diagnosis, when I go to the doctors over here they seem puzzled and unable to say what it could be regards chris

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 3 Days.

Hello Chris,
I understand why you are so worried.
You can contact me whenever you want.
I will advise you to take a course of Advil and see if the pain reduces. You can take Advil 400 mg twice a day.
Also, get these tests done, which will help in finding if something is wrong.
- CBC
- ESR
- CRP.
Dr. Jay

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Senior Residency in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai