Advice on my CHOLESTEROL, VITAMIN, THYROID blood reports.

I have got my medical tests done and wanted to understand the results and what i need to be careful about ? Diet chart ? Can you help ? Any medication ?

I got these tests done as i was feeling very tired and wanted to check about my cholestrol , vitamin and thyroid etc as a part of my regular checkup. Got 74 tests done and looks like m on higher side of cholestrol. Can you advice me on this report as what are the different issues , what could cause tiredness, what precaution i need to take, what should be my diet schedule.

I had pancreatis 3 years back and hence got that tests done as well. Please let me know if it's under control now ? Apart from that any other issue that you see in the report. Would appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Ashish

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query.
I have seen your reports.
Your TGs are very high, as well as your CRP, which increases the chances of getting coronary artery disease significantly. There is no evidence of pancreatitis now.
What is your weight and height?
Also, do you consume alcohol?
What is your occupation?
Kindly revert back to me with the answers,

My weight = 89 Kg
Height = 180 cm
Alcohol = Yes. Frequency would be once in 15 days with quantity of 60 ML of whiskey on an average
Smoke = yes, Freq would be 5-6 smoke a day
I am Banking consultant. Mostly desk job and involves lots of long distance travelling.
Please let me know advice as to how to control CRP and TGs and what i should be doing. Any change in eating habits / exercise that you would recommend ?

Thanks,
AK

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 3 Days.

I will mention only those which are significantly out of range.
1. Your homocysteine levels are high. You can take greens and folic acid supplements to reduce it.
2. Your iron level is low. To improve iron levels you can take greens, apples, dates .
3. Your triglyceride levels are high. Avoid fatty food. You need medications to bring it down. You may need medications like statins and fibrates. You consult your doctor for prescription. Also, you need to exercise daily. At least 30-45 minutes of brisk walking is advised.
4. Your vitamin D level is very low. Poor exposure to sunlight is a cause for this. You need to take vitamin supplements once a week for 8 weeks. And also get exposed to early morning and evening sunlight.
I hope that answers your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University