Are these swollen, red hot tender blisters infected?

I got blisters wearing heels the first two days on vacation, proceeded to wear then to a concert, after concert my feet hurt so bad I took the heels off and walked through the most painful asphalt , dodged broken glass numerous times and walked through dirty grass with open blisters i could barely walk after a half mild, got home popped the blisters one on pinky toe and 3 on back of heel , now my pinky toe is swollen twice the size, my ankle is extremely swollen, both oozing light yellow, very red hot tender cannot put pressure on right foot at all , is burns and aches and feels numb and occasionally extremely itchy, i am worried i have an infection, possibly staph from the open wound being around so much dirt or bacteria or a parasite getting in it.

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

It appears that your foot is infected following the rupture of blisters. Parasitic infection is unlikely. It could be infected with Staph or any other bacteria but the good thing is, with a proper antibiotic course and wound care, you will be cured.

The risk of infection increases if blisters are popped. So more than the exposure you had earlier, the infected would have resulted after you had popped the blisters. And more than the heels, footwear that is uncomfortable and poorly fitting can lead to blisters. So please make sure you only wear comfortable footwear for now.

I would recommend that you take the following measures.

1. Please consult your GP for wound evaluation and appropriate management, including prescription of antibiotics. You may require to take tablet Augmentin 625 mg, twice daily for 5-7 days.

2. You can take an OTC Ibuprofen 400 mg, twice daily with food, for 5 days. This will reduce the inflammation as well as the pain.

3. After cleaning your foot with an antiseptic liquid like Chlorhexidine, you can dust Neosporin antibiotic powder over the wounds.

I hope this was helpful.

Feel free to ask queries.