Itching back and legs, painful nerve endings, muscle pains- Do these mean I have got outbreak of herpes?

Hello doctor, I am a 22 years old guy. I was recently found to have infected with genital herpes. I did a HSV test for type 2 and it came back as positive. Now, I have got some strange symptoms which I don’t know whether to attribute to herpes or not. I am experiencing pain in muscles, in my legs and so on. Also I have lost sleep too due to the discomfort. Also I have got some painful nerve endings too. I am now taking Valtrex as a herpes remedy. Now I also have swelling in my hands and itching feeling in my back. Is this due to herpes or not? Please help me with this.

As you know, Valtrex is an antiviral medication used to treat chronic viral infections like HSV or Herpes Simplex Virus. But the symptoms you have described here are not likely to be the side effects of Valtrex. Anyway, in some people having Herpes, there occur symptoms like you told. In some people symptoms of herpes are more severe and may have painful nerve endings, swollen glands and itching. So, it is better to consult your doctor for further care and prescriptions. He can know the nature of your body and its immunity better than us. Hope my answer helps. Take care.