Bleeding in hands after scratched by dog. Risk of infection?

hello sir my friend after playing with a dog , the dog licked his hands and a street dog , he my friend scratched me by mistake , there was bleeding in my hand is there a risk of indirect transmission on any dieases there was a gap of 2-3 mins after he played with the dog and scratched me with his nail ......
i was wonderling that some slavia of dog can be in my friends nail ..and infect me ???

Category: Allergy and Immunologist

Thanks for your concern at DoctorSpring.com
I understand your concern. Though chances of transmission are very minimal
Take following precautions
1) wash the scratch wound with plenty of soap and water, don't close the wound
2) Start taking antirabies vaccine ( 5 doses over 4 weeks)
3) Keep a watch on the dog for 10 days for development of symptoms, altered behaviour
4) Discontinue vaccine injections if the dog is normal for 10 days
Hope it helps. Feel free to discuss

Sir I had been administered with anti rabies vaccine in Jan 2014 ,4 times it had been I guess more than 1.5 years will it be enough as the immunity stays ... I can just keep the watch on dogs from last three days all of them are eating and behaving normaly ....

In that case. I would recommend two intramuscular injections at three-day interval only.

Hello sir I am received first deltoit injection from the chemist only and I will recieve next on third day however I am experiencing increased body temperature and warm body after the vaccination.. What do you suggest

These might be the side effect of the vaccine. But, you don't need to worry. If only temperature is more than 104 F contact your doctor. Take paracetamol 500 mg twice a day.

I took the first dose on 21 even can I take the second and last dose on 23 evening second day only ... As I need to travel ....

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 1 Day.

In that case, you can take the vaccine but since you already had high temperature you may feel feverish and weak after the vaccine, which won't help your travel.
So please be careful.