Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Blisters and some redness in genitals.

Resolved Question:

Dear doctor,
I am a twenty year old healthy male. From past some days, I have been encountering some serious problems in my genitals like some blisters and redness in the neighbouring parts as well. This is really worrying me as this problem has never occurred before. Plus the way, things used to go smooth on with sex before, now the case is totally different. I doubt myself of having infected with some sexually transmitted infection? Would you please prescribe something really effective?

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 19 Doctors Online

Thanks for your question and it is really unfortunate to know that you are affected by this infection at a tender age of twenty. It is really not a thing to worry about to such an extent. There are ninety percent probabilities that you are having sexually transmitted infections. So, it is advisable to stop it for the meanwhile, till the infection gets cured. Secondly, infections like gonorrhoea, syphilis etc, are transferred through unhygienic conditions. Therefore, as much as possible, cleanliness and proper hygiene shall be maintained.

Thirdly, a sexually transmitted infection called Chlamydia is spreading like fire these days because of the tendency of risk free sex in the youth. So, do have protected sex each time you want to. It solves out and provides protection against a number of infections. The sexually transmitted infections are also highly contagious in nature. That is why, it is advisable not to have any physical contact with your partner till the infection gets rooted out completely, and otherwise there is always a danger of transfer of the infection through the infected genital tract. I advise you to immediately go for a urine test and take proper dosage of the antibiotics as prescribes by your personal physician.

Dr. John Fuller
Category: Family Physician-GP
MD - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship, Family Medicine - Lutheran Medical Center
Residency, Family Medicine - The Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. John Fuller and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news