Bloated, bad stomach with IBS, blood tests. Trearment?

I had some bllod tests. I wanted to get a view on them please.

I have had bloated and bad stomach for a few weeks and thinkn it is down to my IBS but wanted to check.

I have reviewed your reports, there is nothing to worry, the MCH is slightly high, but can be ignored, and the CK is slightly high which is a very non specific marker.
Otherwise the reports are fine.
What are your symptoms now?
Feel free to discuss further.

Hello thanks for the note. I am bloated and get stomach pains on both sides. I am also very tired and have a lot of wind. I have had headaches and back pain but my girlfriend has these also and we think we have a virus. I am worried about the mch and mchc markers as I did not know what they mean and are out of range? I have not had bad ibs for a long time. I have had a very healthy diet for the past year and have given it up a bit and also have a lot of stress right now? I wanted the blood tests to make sure it was not something more serious with my body. Also I looked on Google about the blood tests which has not helped my head and worried myself. I remember the stomach pins starting a few weeks ago when I ate out at a restaurant. Straight after I had terrible pain on my right side. I have had my appendix out already. I have had nothing like that since. I just went to bed and it went. But the discomfort has certainly been a bit worse on the right hand side

The MCH, MCHC, are the various characteristics of hemoglobin, they are mildly enlarged, and hence, do not worry.
These variations can be present in a patient even normally.
Regarding your stomach problems, it sounds like it is due to bacterial overgrowth, and I would request you to take a course of Rifaximin twice daily for 2 weeks. This should help in resolving the bloating as well as the pain. It needs a prescription, and you can get the same from your GP.
Feel free to discuss further.

Thanks for the reply. Should I have bloods done again to check in the future or stop worrying? Also I have been taking acidophilus every day for about a year. I did this whilst doing the strict diet. Should I continue with this or stop?

You can repeat the CBC in 3 months.

Hello, many thanks for your help, my stomach is much better. It was ibs and brought on by a lot of stress recently. Now for the last week I have been messing up words and things when I am talking. I will say a wrong word or sentence occasionally. My family think this is stress related also but wanted to get a view. It is driving my nuts and very frustrating and now I am over thinking every thing. I have had some head aches but also more a sinus / cold issue. Is all this common with stress ?

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 1 Day.

Yes, stress can cause that.
You can take Paracetamol and it should be enough for the headache.
Please relax.