Blood in vomit after excess drinking.

I am currently on holidays in Thailand. Last night I was drinking, likely to be classed as in excess. I ended the night with vomiting, I noticed in my vomit blood. It was a bright red colour and was light to medium in amount mixed with my food contents. Less and less was found in subsequent vomiting. Apart from that I feel otherwise ok, no other pain or soreness. Could you shed some light on possible causes?

It seems like you developed acute gastritis, secondary to alcohol intake. In some cases constant retching can also cause slight esophageal tears. That can also lead to bleeding. Since it has come down, there is no cause of concern as of now. I will advise you the following medicines :
1) Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg once daily in the morning, before breakfast for 5 days.
2) Syp. Sucralfate 2 teaspoons thrice daily after food. For 5 days.
3) Tab. Ondansteron SOS to control vomiting. ( can be taken after each meal )
If you develop further retching, vomiting, or blood in stool, or develop fever, please get back to me immediately. An endoscopy may be required in that scenario. However start taking the medicines as soon as possible, and it is expected to resolve in 2 days. Drink plenty of fluids.