Bruised, tingling on pressure after injury in finger.

This past Monday I smashed my finger between a tow bar and a humvee. It has been hurting and bruised for four days and now it just tingles and when I put pressure on it, it hurts. Should I be concerned about it tingling?

Category: Orthopedic Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 4 Days.

I have read details of your query.
There are tight compartments of tissue in finger.There are nerve fibres & vessels in these compartments.At present it looks that tingling sensation may be due to compression of nerves due to swelling in these compartments.This can also be due to mild injury to nerves.If there are no discoloration of finger then there is no need to worry.You should just keep your finger elevated for most of time.You may take a mild anti inflammatory analgesic like advil or aleeve.Do cold fomentation to reduce swelling ,keep your finger in splint.All these will help to relieve your symptoms.
Hope this all will help you.
With best wishes.

This is my finger today. The more is use this finger when I'm working the darker it gets.

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 3 Days.

I have seen the pictures.You should not worry about this.You have to wait for 5-7 days for complete recovery.

Dr. Mukesh Tiwari
Fellowship - Khandaka Hospital, Jaipur
Residency - MS, Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur, 2000
Medical School, Internship - MBBS, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, 1995